Tuesday 8 June 2010

Biarritz and Mad Camping

Am on holiday down here in Biarritz for a week. My mum is visiting tommorow so I am having a rest from the bike. I have a two day tour next week coming up through the mountains in Spain.

I met a couple of friendly young guys called John and Seb last week in Hossegor. I hung out with them for a few days whilst traveling through the south west coast. They didnt pay at the camp sites and I decided it sounded like a good idea to save money and get a shower so I joined in with them. It was all going well until one evening the campsite owner caught me alone and pushed me over whilst shouting "DEPARTE!" I was frightened and ran off back to the bushes to my free camping spot in the woods! John and Seb were poor students so had no money and needed to wash and such so I guess it was the only way for them.

I am in a campsite now that I have paid for and there are allot of friendly people around. It's nice to just spend time talking to new people and being myself. I feel like I have gone back to my basic self again and am happy just being around new things and relaxing.

I also have had to remove 2 ticks that decided I was a tasty meal and were clawed to my leg. Its yucky having to hold them with tweesers till they let go. I am watching the marks incase I get sick because a girl told me you can get very ill from some ticks.

It's nice to have a break from the endless miles.. I have been playing the guitar again and am singing and playing all day long. I wrote a new song yesterday and its a real gem.. my singing is going really well right now and really coming together. All the work I have put in over the years is starting to work out really well so I am happy.

Speak soon Carl x

1 comment:

  1. Well done, are you planning to ride home as well?
    Be nice to your mummy when she visits this week and stop robbing poor French campsite owners! Love David xx

    ReplyDelete