Sunday 30 May 2010

Cold n Rain

Hello pps

I have made it to the coast. I am staying in a town called Mimizan for a day as its raining and have made good progress so thought a rest day was in order. I met a fellow tourer who I chatted to a bit this morning he was called Brian and had all the best kit that I couldnt afford. I think I should have stole his bike!

I made a clever move by bringing a waterproof that wasnt waterproof so have been really cold today because everything is wet.

So apart from three punctures on the same day the road has been fairly forgiving. The hills the first few days were like hell and I really felt like I was mad having a bike with only one gear! But as I moved forwards it flattened out and now its like an ice rink, its so flat here in the south west! I made it to the sea today and have been on the beach. Its a shame it isnt warmer as it would be really nice to be here when it is hot and dry.

Not many people speak english so I have been a bit lonely but I have quite enjoyed cycling because it seems to have evened out my thoughts a little. Life in England had not been going well since my girlfriend and I split up and I wasnt getting on well with my mum who I was staying with, so really its been an eye opener coming away because I have had knowone there to lean on or get angry at and just my thoughts to keep me company.

I only stayed in Bordauex a few hours I felt like it was to busy! The vineyards around the city are really pretty and made a change from the endless wheat fields I had seen before. They have so many wheat fields here it seems impossible they could use it all up!

I hope the weather improves soon! Will message in a few days

Carl

4 comments:

  1. Hi darling

    Was the waterproof that wasn't waterproof the one I got you? Perhaps a bad move? Just looked at the weather forecast and looks like tomorrow's gong to be the same. Seems to be brightening up after that then 24 degrees.

    The ladscape as you go towards Biarritz will get hillier and ther are lots of hills and mountains in the distance there, it's lovely.

    All well here. just got back frombike ride in London and going to practice my masterchef dish now. Perhaps I'll find out I'm not that good a cook after all! :(

    Sending you lots of love angel xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you are! It only seems yesterday(to me)since you set off. Well done Carl! Hope the weather improves. I see that from Thursday on you will get some sun in the morning and lots of it in the afternoon. Looking forward to hearing what you will do next.Maybe you will meet some interesting people.
    Lots of love and good luck wishes from me and Roy. moniquexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Carl,

    It must be an amazing feeling now that you have arrived at your destination. Enjoy your free time - thinking of you Michxx

    ReplyDelete