Friday 28 May 2010

The Invisible Blog

Hey pps

I have been on the road for a week nearly and this is the first internet cafe I have come to. They have not invented internet in france it seems! I am down in Bordeaux and the keyboard is set up all wrong so cant really type much.. Everything is going OK though I am pretty lonely on the road. I have taken some photos and am going to put the best ones up here once I have some proper time! I have been covering about 80-100kms a day and mostly camping by the side of the road in bushes. Living off of choc quassants and self made sandwiches but still spending more money than planned! The first few days were hellishly hilly but now its alot flatter and much easier going so my mood has lifted somewhat. I got really lost trying to cross the river into Bordeaux then I met this nice french cycling man called Phillip who guided me all the way to the centre of the city. He droped me off at the tourist information how very nice!

Will write properly soon as I can

Carl

1 comment:

  1. Hi darling

    Nice to read your blog and to know that you;ve got as far as Bordeaux already - that's great going!

    How kind of Phillipe; who knows where you would have ended up without him!

    All well here and just getting ready for my Friday night out.

    The breaks on my bike went and I was really dissapointed as I love that bike. I decided to go into the bike shop to find out what the damage would be and if it was going to be worth it. The man in the shop looked at it, tightened a little knob and they were all fixed - I was so happy!

    Looking forward to meeting you down in Biarritz. Have a lovely evening.

    Lots of love

    Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete